Free Webinar Event - Locked down but still responding: Managing a marine oil spill during a pandemic
26 May 2020
The London P&I Club, in a joint live webinar with experts from The International Tanker Owners Pollution Federation Limited (ITOPF), Oil Spill Response Ltd (OSRL) and Navigate Response, will be taking a practical approach to mobilisation of an oil spill response in the current world of social distancing, quarantines and travel restrictions.
Based around imagined major vessel source pollution incidents in Asia and Europe, the webinar will explore the challenges and solutions associated with mobilising a response including:
- Strategies for hitting the ground running: operational challenges presented by COVID-19
- P&I Clubs and how they can minimise the impacts of lockdown on effective incident management
- Remote solutions: How evaluations and sharing of expertise can be completed remotely
- Managing the media: When your incident gives everyone a break from COVID-19 coverage
- Practical preparedness: Steps that "risk owners" can, and should, be taking now
- Engaging with local stakeholders: "Showing up" when you can't actually show up
Simon Chapman, Senior Claims Manager, The London P&I Club
Steve Storey, Shipping and Salvage Engagement Manager, Oil Spill Response Ltd.
Richard Johnson, Technical Director, ITOPF
Dustin Eno, COO & Crisis Response Manager, Navigate Response
We will be running two sessions of this free 1-hour live webinar on Thursday 28 May 2020 so you can join us at a time that suits you:
• 0800 GMT / 0900 UK / 1600 Singapore
• 1500 GMT / 1600 UK / 1100 New York
If you missed the Webinar, you can download copies of the slides or watch again here!