Syria - Sanctions Information
News Alerts and information on Sanctions Legislation for Syria
- News Alert: OFAC has issued an Advisory to the Maritime Petroleum Shipping Community to warn of the significant US sanctions risks for parties involved in petroleum shipments to or from Syria - see News Alert 26 November 2018.
- Circular: Syria Sanctions - Circular No 5:531 – 16 May 2016
- News Alert: Syria Sanctions – Port and Shipping Companies on the US SDN List - see News Alert 7 August 2015 To read OFAC's notice advising of the updated SDN list and to access the latest version of the SDN list, click here.
- UK and EU Legislation: click here to access the HM Treasury web page detailing the sanctions in place. A copy of the current EU Regulation No. 36/2012 concerning restrictive measures in view of the situation in Syria (as amended May 2016) can be accessed by clicking here.
- US Legislation: An overview of prohibited transactions and authorised/exempt transactions is provided in OFAC's Syria Sanctions Program booklet of August 2013. Further details including links to Frequently Asked Questions, Guidance, Executive Orders and Statutes, as well as UN Security Council Resolutions, can be accessed from the US Department of the Treasury web page by clicking here.
- News Alert: Iran, Syria and North Korea Sanctions Legislation – Proposed 180 Day Rule, Certification and Enhanced Inspections [NEWS ALERT 12 January 2012]
- News Alert: EU measures targeting the carriage of crude oil or petroleum products from or originating in Syria [NEWS ALERT 6 September 2011]
- News Alert: EU/US measures imposing asset freeze and restrictions on trading with designated entities [NEWS ALERT 6 September 2011]
- News Alert: Banking restrictions on payments connected with Syria [NEWS ALERT 6 September 2011]